Saturday, February 12, 2011

Afternoon Falls Gently in Summer

There is an element of scribbling here that reminds me of when I was a child and worked those Crayola Crayons.  It was long ago but I see echoes of the kind of freedom and coloration in this digital image that I enjoyed creating as a young artist coming up.  You may also be reminded by the blur technique here of pastel drawing where detail is obscured and there is a daydream like quality to the work.  Camera manipulation provides the unexpected special effects you see here and throughout the majority of my art photography.  It intends to be a hybrid form.  A cross between photography and pixels, light manipulation and other techniques which are unrelated to photography as mentioned above, pastel drawing, crayon drawing and even watercolor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment